Thailand Rock Climbing
THAILAND ROCK CLIMBING
Why choose between a tropical vacation and a climbing trip? Rock climbing in Thailand with Apex Mountain School brings these worlds together in a fantastic blend of climbing, travel, and culture. We connect through Bangkok to Krabi, then make a short drive to climbing and exploring in the towns of Phuket and Railay. These gorgeous beach towns boast incredible sea cliff climbing venues that are just a stone’s throw away from stunning tropical accommodations and delicious cuisine.
Thailand has something for every level of rock climber, from single pitch sea climbs to multi-pitch traditional routes and even deep-water soloing. The limestone cliffs that line the beaches are home to truly unique and unforgettable formations. These photogenic cliffs have a wide range of climbing grades that readily accommodate beginners through seasoned climbers.
After a full day of climbing, explore the towns themselves for outstanding food and culture. This is a fully immersive experience in the natural and cultural splendor of an outstanding tropical paradise.
Day by day:
- 1: Arrival – guide(s) and client(s) rendezvous in Phuket via Bangkok, transport to Railay and orient to local area.
- 2: West Railay, East Railay, Tonsai Bay, Phra Nang Beach climbing
- 3: West Railay, East Railay, Tonsai Bay, Phra Nang Beach climbing
- 4: Koh Phi Phi climbing
- 5: Rest Day
- 6: Koh Phi Phi climbing
- 7: Koh Yao Noi climbing or deep water soloing
- 8: Koh Yao Noi climbing or deep water soloing
- 10: Depart. Return to Phuket for departure flights.
Itinerary may be modified on custom trips.
POSSIBLE REST DAY ACTIVITIES
- sea kayaking
BOOKING / MORE INFO
WHAT TO BRING
- Waterproof shell
- Trail shoes
- Synthetic t-shirts
- Minimum 3 liters of water per day
APEX MOUNTAIN SCHOOL PROVIDES
- All camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, sleeping pads)
- Professional guide(s)
- All technical gear for rock climbing and rappelling
During times of Covid-19 concern please bring:
Face mask, Hand Sanitizer, Rubber Gloves (if desired)