Dear Valued Clients and Friends,
During these uncertain times, the team at Apex Mountain School would like to thank you for your years of support, trust, and patronage. As a family run company, Apex’s guides have always strived to put client safety first, while also working to provide you with fulfilling outdoor educational experiences and private guided adventures. As we work to adapt to the limitations imposed by the coronavirus, COVID-19, this close attention to client safety and quality of experience remain at the heart of our mission. Our team is offering many of our regular outdoor recreation experiences and courses in compliance with the most current Eagle County Public Health Order. Under advisement of Apex Mountain School’s medical director and in accordance with Colorado Governor Jared Polis’ approval of Eagle County’s partial relief from the state’s COVID-19 executive and public health orders, we are now able to continue guiding locally after taking the extensive recommended precautions. Such preventative guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring proper social distancing of clients and guides
- Private party courses/private guided outings of 50 people or less, including guide(s)
- Increasing sanitization of all gear and business spaces
- Separate guide and client transportation- all parties will meet at trailheads
- Continuing to screen clients and employees for symptoms
For those not yet able to participate in group recreational activities, more comfortable joining us from the comfort of their living room, or maybe just in need of a little more technical education before venturing out on their own, Apex is delivering! Apex Mountain School is excited to offer:
- Remote trip planning for you and your adventure companions! Trip plans include extensive technical information, map, route, timing, and gear plans specific to your destination and activity, in addition to the insight only years of guiding experience can provide.
- How-to videos available online through our social media platforms on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube – follow us to stay tuned for these exciting updates!
- Gift cards are available to purchase now for a trip later and always make great birthday, graduation, or just getting back outside gifts.
As a member of the community for nearly 20 years, Apex is proud to offer all Emergency Responders and frontline workers a ‘thank you’ of 15% off all regularly priced private outings booked by May 31, 2020, valid for outings through October 31, 2020. Please see Special Pricing tab below for details.
From the Apex family to yours, we look forward to the 2020 summer season with enthusiasm and excitement for sharing the great outdoors with you. Feel free to browse our site and let us know what your next adventure will be.
Guide and Client Safety
Apex always strives to put guide and client safety first, while also working to provide fulfilling outdoor educational experiences and private guided adventures. To continue sharing the great outdoors with you, Apex Mountain School is operating under the advisement of our medical director for ALL trips, until further notice. Those guidelines are as follows:
- Groups may consist of no more than 50 people, including guides
- All gear will be sanitized before and after use
- Proper social distancing of 6ft must always be maintained
- Guides and clients must follow most current regulation regarding the use of face masks
- Forms completed and delivered electronically in advance, including Participant Form
- Pre-trip screening for symptoms of: Fever (temp >38.3*C/100.9*F), cough, respiratory symptoms (shortness of breath, congestion, etc.)
- Guides will not be allowed to transport clients; please meet guide directly at trailhead
- Minimal gear exchanged between guides and clients
- Only Apex guides will belay for single pitch climbs and clients will clip into a rope with pre-tied knots
- No physical contact unless absolutely necessary and only then with proper PPE
- Gratuity by Venmo or PayPal highly preferred – if cash is accepted, guide will be required to keep it sealed in a plastic bag for 3 days prior handling
Please see Support Tab for further COVID-19 related information.
Special Pricing for Frontline Workers
Apex Mountain School is pleased to invite all emergency responders and frontline employees to enjoy a breath of fresh air with 15% off the total trip cost for all regularly priced private outings. Thank you to all those working hard for their communities during this time!
- Trips reservations must be made by 11:59pm May 31, 2020 and are valid for trips booked
through October 31, 2020.
- Emergency responders and frontline workers include:
- Hospital employees
- EMS/Search and Rescue
- Grocery store workers
- Food bank workers/volunteers
- Private outings include:
- Rock Climbing
- Ice Climbing
- Backcountry Skiing and Splitboarding
- Mountaineering/Alpine Climbing
- Other custom variations
To book your 15% off trip or learn more information please call us at: (970) 949-9111
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apex currently running trips?
Will Apex be providing any online content?
How do I book a trip at a special price?
How do I sign up for AIARE courses?
If I do not live in Eagle County can I still travel to Apex for an outdoor adventure?
What is Apex Mountain School doing to minimize the spread of COVID-19?
What is the largest group size allowed on trips?
What if only essential businesses are allowed to operate?
Is Apex running open enrollment courses?
Are you running multipitch climbing trips?
What kind of trips are you running?
When will your operations be back to normal?
Will you be running private AIARE courses in spring 2020?
How do you plan on sanitizing your equipment?
What if face masks are needed?
Please view the following resources for additional information regarding COVID-19 policies at Apex Mountain School and in the state of Colorado.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CHPHE) and Colorado State Emergency Operations center
- Eagle County’s Public Health Order
- Face Covering Guidance for Eagle County
- Apex Mountain School Social Distancing Protocol