Snowshoeing in Vail is a great way to get out and see all that the winter season in Colorado has to offer. You can experience the serenity of the backcountry in Colorado and amazing views of the Rocky Mountains. Enjoy beautiful snowy meadows or discover the adventurous high alpine environments. Similar to backcountry skiing, snowshoeing originated as a essential form of winter travel and is now a popular outdoor recreation activity in Colorado. Come join us for Snowshoeing in Vail. Or if you are interested in getting some downhill turns while taking in the views and the stillness of the backcountry, look into our beginner backcountry skiing course.
On a day of Snowshoeing in Vail your personal Guide will create a tour plan that is specific to the goals and objectives that your group has for the outing. Whether you are new to snowshoeing or are experienced with the activity and simply want to explore a new area, apex Throughout the day your guide can work with you on skills and techniques specific to your groups objectives, or if you want to reach the summit of a peak checkout our Mountaineering 101 courses.
- Knowing your gear
- Snowshoeing techniques; uphill, downhill and traversing slopes
- What to wear snowshoeing
- Terrain assessment
- Trip planning
- Avalanche Hazard mitigation
All ages, fitness levels, and abilities are welcome to join for Snowshoeing in Vail. We have snowshoes along with other winter equipment that can be used for your day out in the mountains. Since all of our backcountry trips take place at altitude in mountainous terrain, we encourage clients to come prepared for all mountain weather conditions.
BOOKING / MORE INFO
Are you ready to sign up for snowshoeing in Vail? We look forward to experiencing the Colorado backcountry with you and helping you towards achieving your goals. Register with the accompanying calendar, call (970) 949-9111 or use our contact page to request more info.
Book a trip for Snowshoeing in Vail today, experience all the serenity and beauty that the Colorado backcountry has to offer.
Cost is per person, per day, per guide
- $350- 1 to 3 people
- $449- 4 people
- $548- 5 people
- $647- 6 people
Larger groups are welcome! Please call 970-949-9111 for pricing and details.
Vail Valley or Fremont Pass
Easy to Difficult
See our inclusion policy for special group requests.
WHAT TO BRING
- Snowshoes (included)
- Beacon/Probe/Shovel (rental available)- no plastic shovels please
- water bottle or thermos with fluid
- Lunch and high energy snacks such as bars, cookies, chocolate, or trail mix
- Headwear – Visor or Cap, Hat and Sunglasses
- Balaclava or neck gaiter (all participants will receive a complimentary Apex Buff)
- One pair of light weight gloves and one pair of heavy weight gloves or mittens
- Synthetic or wool base layer (Please avoid wearing any cotton clothing)
- Mid Weight base layer fleece or sweater
- Puffy Jacket
- Shell Jacket
- Synthetic or wool long johns
- Ski pants with zippered vents OR mid weight fleece layer and shell pants
- Synthetic or wool socks- optimum weight for your boot fit
- Pack that can accommodate shovel, probe, water bottle or thermos, lunch, snacks, and extra clothing
- Hand warmers
- Hot liquid
- Liner socks
- Adjustable Poles
- Lip balm
- Water bottle insulator
During times of Covid-19 concern please bring:
Face mask, Hand Sanitizer, Rubber Gloves (if desired)