Kids Rock Climbing Base Camp
Kids Rock Climbing Base Camp from Apex Mountain School offers engaging rock climbing outings for kids of all ages and experience! Whether your kids want to learn the basics or expand their skills, this program is designed with them in mind! Apex’s Kids Base Camp, based in Vail, Colorado and run by Apex Mountain School’s AMGA trained/certified guides, is an exciting way to become a better climber and have a great time outside this summer. During each four hour session, participants work on a variety of climbing techniques, skills development, and other fun climbing activities.
Topics may include:
- Gear Essentials and Safety
- Knot Tying
- Anchoring Principles
- How to Belay
- Climbing Techniques for Efficiency
- Leave No Trace basics
- Outdoor Navigation, Weather Reading and other cool mountain skills!
- And more!
Book a private or pre-scheduled Kids Base Camp session and let Apex focus on the skills your kids want to improve!
Available daily – private
Tuesdays, June 23 & 30 – open enrollment (minimum of 3 participants required to operate)
Apex does not provide any form of transportation for the outing. Please contact us if you need assistance or suggestions for acquiring transportation.
Per person, per day. Max ratio 1:5
- $170 – 5+ people
- $176 – 4 people
- $188 – 3 people
- $198 – 2 people
18% gratuity will be charged to groups of 6 or more.
Various locations throughout the Vail Valley (Location dependent on weather and group size) Note: Cellular reception is often not available at climbing locations.
Easy to Difficult
What To Bring
- Rain Jacket and any other layers appropriate for weather conditions
- 32 oz of water per child
- Small backpack (bags available upon request)
- Lip balm (optional)
- Closed toes shoes (hiking boots, tennis shoes, or other appropriate footwear)
- No short shorts (not comfortable with climbing harness)