Sleep On A Desert Tower
Sleep on a desert tower this summer with Apex Mountain School. This is the perfect opportunity to take a Multi-Pitch Climbing Trip to new heights and enjoy the experience of a lifetime.
Multi-pitch climbing involves climbing routes that are longer than the length of the rope. Your guide will climb up to anchors where he/she will then belay you to where he is. Once everyone in the party is at the first set of anchors you will repeat the process and inch your way to the top of a desert tower. When the party reaches the summit they will set up camp, tents and enjoy dinner with the best view. After spending the night over 100 feet above the ground you will enjoy breakfast before rappelling back to the ground.
- Anchor Evaluation
- Efficient Climbing
- Gear placement, climbing efficiently and placing gear.
Climb the edge of the Colorado Plateau in The Colorado National Monument or challenge yourself on a spire at the famous Fisher Towers in Utah. These mountain and desert multi-pitch towers are known as some of the most spectacular tower climbs in the world.
One of our most unforgettable experiences is an overnight stay atop a 12 foot wide desert tower summit! Climb this 500 foot tower and anchor in on top for the night. In the morning, awake to watch an amazing sunrise over western Colorado. Make multiple rappels to the ground and enjoy a reflective morning hike out of the desert.
This trip might be one of the best experiences of your lifetime. You’ll soon realize why these formations have gained the reputation of being some of the most exciting rock towers around. Multi-pitch climbing a tower is sure to be an unforgettable experience.
Booking / More Info
Sleeping on a desert tower is available for all ability and fitness levels. No multi-pitch experience is necessary. Our flexible itineraries can be built around your abilities and goals. Ready to sign up? Register with the accompanying calendar, call (970) 949-9111 or use our contact page.
MULTI-PITCH OVERNIGHTER – QUICK INFO
Learn new techniques on our Multi-Pitch Overnighter.
$1,500: 1 Person
$1,900: 2 People (950 per person)
$2,130: 3 People (770 per person)
Please contact us for parties of 4 or more
Moderate – Difficult
See our inclusion policy for special group requests.
WHAT TO BRING
(Use Photo Below as a Reference)
- Waterproof shell
- Synthetic or wool long underwear bottom(thin)
- Synthetic or wool long underwear top (medium)
- Midlayer top and bottom
- Wool or fleece hat
- Finger belay gloves
- Medium weight warm gloves
- Extra Socks (synthetic base)
- Head Lamp
- Lightweight warm sleeping bag (20 Degree)
- Closed Cell foam pad
- Tennis shoes or trail shoes for approach hike
- 5 liters (1.5 gallons) of water per person
- Five freezer size zip locks bags
- Toilet paper bag (bags/toilet paper for waste disposal)
- Food (2 [mountain house] freeze dried meals)/Snacks (base off of your own caloric needs)
- Electrolyte drink mix for 2 of 3 liters of water
- Eating Utensil(s)
- Day backpack (30 to 45 Liters)
- Buff for sun protection
- Sun Hat
- Chalk Bag
- Instant Coffee
- Inflatable camp pillow
- Extra inflatable sleeping pad
- Extra cash for souvenirs, food, etc.
- Reading material (books, magazines, etc.)
APEX MOUNTAIN SCHOOL PROVIDES
- Climbing shoes
- Proper climbing hardware
- PAS or double length nylon runner
- Belay Device
- 3 locking carabiners
During times of Covid-19 concern please bring:
Face mask, Hand Sanitizer, Rubber Gloves (if desired)